Renter: Questions and Answers
What are the qualifications for renting?
You need to be 21 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license and credit card to rent on Fun2rent.
Note: To rent any of our powersport vehicles and vessels, you will need to take a qualification quiz. You may rent any of our trailers with out taking a quiz.
For A $5 discount to the Online Safety Courses enter promo code: FUN2RENT
What about safety equipment?
Renters are responsible for their own safety equipment.
- You may bring your own helmet (D.O.T. or Snell rated), life vest, boots, gloves, goggles and jacket.
- You may make prior arrangement to borrow the owner’s safety equipment, but do not wait until the last minute to see if it’s the correct size.
- You are responsible for all passengers and must see to it they have the proper safety equipment.
Can rentals be delivered?
Yes, some owners may deliver and pick up. This will be listed on the Owner's listing page. There may be an extra charge for this service set by the owner.
What does the Renter need before he meets the Owner to pick up the rental?
- Remember safety equipment. It’s the Renter’s responsibility.
- Remember to be on time. The Owner will be rating the Renter also.
- The Owner will go over basic operations and safety of the vehicle/vessel or trailer.
- Renter and the Owner will conduct pre-rental Inspection.
- Owner and Renter will sign and date the Rental Form.
- Return the rental and conduct a post rental inspection.
How do I know the vehicle/vessel or trailer is safe?
- Fun2rent may request maintenance/inspection records for the vehicle/vessel or trailer from the Owner.
- Owners must perform maintenance and a safety inspection prior to and after every rental.
- When you pick up the vehicle/vessel or trailer the Owner must show you the Renter all of the key safety features and review basic operations.
How does the Insurance work?
Fun2rent provides a supplemental insurance policy that covers the renter for liability (25k/50k) and collision coverage for the value of the rental unit. Owners are covered under Fun2Rent Inc. $300k Liability policy and will be issued a Certificate of Coverage.
This coverage is provided by Llyods of London a surplus lines carrier.
Who is responsible for the Insurance?
Every renter will be obligated to purchase insurance for the rental to cover collision damage to the rental. This insurance also covers renters liability. Renters are responsible for any and all damages, or damages which may not be covered by the insurance.
This insurance will provide coverage for at fault accidents. Additional operators can be added at no additional cost however they must be 18 yrs. of age.
What happens if the Renter crashes or damages my vehicle/vessel or trailer?
Renters purchase a collision coverage policy for the owners rental, a deposit is held by Fun2Rent to cover any damages or deposit can be used as a deductible for the insurance policy. If you have questions please email email@example.com
What are the policy limits for Renters?
$25,000 Per Person / 50,000 Per Accident/ Value of Rental with a $100,000 Aggregate Policy C.C.C. or Care Custody and Control coverage- Covers a Collision Loss (Physical Damage) to the Rental Unit.
What happens if the Renter damages the vehicle/vessel or trailer?
If these damages were not documented in the pre-rental check -out process then the Renter is liable for damages. If damages exceed the deposit then the owner will need to file claim by contacting Fun2Rent by email (shawn@Fun2Rent.com) or calling hotline at 1-800-732-0971
Any damages that exceed normal wear and tear need to be reported to Owner.
Will I have an Insurance Card?
Yes every renter will be issued an insurance card for renters liability as well as coverage on the rented vehicle, vessel or trailer. Additional operators can be added to policy at no additional cost however they must be 18 yrs. of age.
What is the mission of Fun2rent Inc.?
This is simple, we want to lower the cost of ownership while providing affordable rentals across the US with insurance to owners and renters.
How do I contact an owner?
To contact an owner, you will first need to register, then you can send the owner a message through his/her listing. Simply enter your message in the box and click "Ask A Question".
Is your insurance policy active when the ATV or UTV is NOT being rented?
The liability coverage for owners and coverage for the rental is only valid when rented through Fun2Rent, if you have current coverage you would want to keep this.
Who generally pays for Gas with the rentals? Is it included in the price?
Renters are responsible for fuel, when picking up the rental the current amount of fuel will be noted on the pre-inspection form. Simply return with equal amount of fuel, or fuel costs (at current price) will be charged to your deposit.
Fees, Deposits, Refunds and Cancellations
How can I cancel a reservation?
We do understand that emergencies happen. If an owner has accepted your request, the only way to cancel your request is to contact Fun2rent.
**Remember Renters are rated by Owners. Ratings are like credit scores-- with better ratings, more owners will accept your reservation.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your reservation, you will lose all funds paid for the rental.
- Deposit and Insurance will be refunded or credited back to your account.
- If a cancellation is approved the refund may take 4 to 5 days to process.
What happens if I feel the Owners vehicle/vessel or trailer is unsafe?
A special request cancellation may be authorized at the time of pick up. Please call the Fun2rent hotline (1-800-732-0971).
- Fun2rent wants every renter to be safe. If you feel the vehicle/vessel or trailer you have reserved is in no way safe, you may contact the Fun2rent hotline and we may possibly approve a last minute cancellation with a full refund.
- Fun2rent’s mission is to provide high quality rentals. If you feel that the owner has falsified claims about his vehicle/vessel or trailer you may contact the Fun2rent hotline for a resolution ( 1-800-732-0971).
How much will the deposit be?
The amount Fun2rent Inc. will hold for a deposit against your credit card is based on the value of the owner’s vehicle/vessel or trailer.
Deposit amounts are based on the value of the vehicle/vessel or trailer and are set by the insurance company. Deposits are between $500 and $2,500.
Deposits will be returned and or credited back to the same credit card or Pay Pal account within 72 hours if there are no claims by the owner. If the Owner files a claim for any damages you will be informed immediately.
** Remember “You The Renter” are responsible for any damages.
If there are any damages or if an accident happens, Fun2rent will use the deposit before filing a claim with Fun2rent’s insurance carrier.
Are there any other fees the owner may charge?
- There may be a cleaning fee; see owners listing page.
- There may be a charge for not returning with a full tank of gas, see owners listing page and ask the Owner.
- The Owner may charge extra for delivery.
- The Owner may charge extra for accessories (water ski’s, wake board, fishing gear, gun rack on ATV, GPS, camping supplies); talk to the Owner about any options, you will need to pay the Owner in cash at time of pick-up of the rental.
- The Owner may set a fee for instruction.
For Owners: see Owner Policy
For Renters: see Renter Policy
Owner: Questions and Answers
How much does it cost to list my vehicle/vessel or trailer for rental?
Owners pay nothing to have a listing page.
How do I set my rental price?
We recommend you browse similar listing on Fun2rent. You can also have a look at what other rental companies charge and list at a price of 40% to 70% lower. Remember just because you have an emotional bond with your vehicle or vessel that doesn’t mean people are going to want to pay $500.00 a day for equipment valued at $20,000. As a rule of thumb, the lower your price, the more cash you can generate from renting.
Still not sure on pricing then we can help. Just send us a brief email describing your vehicle/vessel or trailer. Include: year, make, model, miles or hours of use, condition and your location.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are responsible for the truth and integrity of your listing. Fun2rent retains all rights to review, request maintenance records and delete any account or membership after review.
- You are responsible for maintaining your vehicle/vessel or trailer to state regulations and the manufacturer's recommended level of maintenance and care.
- You are responsible for an annual service and inspection.
- You are responsible for inspecting the vehicle/vessel or trailer for safety, proper operating condition, fluid levels, battery condition (before and after every rental in the pre-rental check out/ post rental check in form)
- Fun2rent may request maintenance or inspection records with in the past year to be an approved listing. These records can be scanned, or faxed to us.
- When the Renter picks up the vehicle/vessel or trailer. You the owner must show the renter all of the key safety features and review basic operations.
How will I get paid?
Owners will receive a check in the mail by the 10th of each month for all rentals in the previous month.
Example: If you rented your boat on the 12th of June and again on the 22nd of June. We will send a check out in the mail by July 10.
What percentage of the rental fees will I get?
You as the Owner will have the ability to set the rates you wish to charge for renting your vehicle/vessel or trailer. Fun2rent will deduct a 25% fee for our expenses. These expenses include $300,000 in liability coverage to Owner's, providing the technology, qualified and pre-screened renters, SEO marketing of your listing and a safe and insured rental environment.
How does the insurance work?
Owners are covered under Fun2Rent Inc. $300k Liability policy, at no-cost. Once your new listing is approved, Fun2Rent will email you the Certificate of Liability coverage. All renters will purchase mandatory liability, and collision coverage for the rental. All renters must also pay a deposit on the rental to cover minor damages or the insurance deductible.
Need more details on Insurance? Registered users can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide additional information.
Who started Fun2rent.com.?
Fun2rent was started by Shawn Gardner, the founder and current CEO.
Here is more about Shawn:http://about.me/shawngardner
You can also email him:email@example.com
Connect with Shawn on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/fun2rent/
Why would I rent my vehicle or vessel to a stranger?
You don’t have to rent to a stranger. We all have friends that we know and trust. Post your listing to your Facebook page and share with your friends. Copy the link to your listing page and paste it in an email to your friends.
What is the best way to say “Thanks Fun2rent” for providing a safe, fun and affordable vacation?
We love to hear and share your stories. A few times a year we will select a few amazing stories to share with the world and giveaway Fun2rent Cash for future rentals.
I am having problems! What should I do?
Ouch..we are sorry! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-732-0971